Friday, April 24, 2009

Lately...

I helped Field Elementary pull off their school carnival this year, so Mike got to be the one to take the kids around.  These are all the pics he took that night, and I am impressed he even got these considering he had four kids in his charge, multiple bags and no stroller.  
I was amazed at all the PTO accomplished.  This night was HUGE for our school, we had never attempted anything of this magnitude before, and it ended up being a great success.  There are no pictures of me because, well, I spent the entire night running from one place to the other.  My only regret is that none of us PTO people took pics of everything that led up to the night, and all we were doing during it.  I think that would have been fun.  Especially a few photos of Amanda and Amy covered in cotton candy, Joci in her apron armed with a walkie-talkie, and Jess spray painting on school property.  (Hey, add that to the list for next year, PTO photographer.)

The only true way to eat an ice cream sandwich.
Colin with his mad tossing skills.
Emma's scalp stayed dyed even after three shampoo-ings.  Such style.
Ches actually made it to the top.  Nice job Ms. Adventure!



This picture depicts how all of us have felt the past four weeks.  I keep getting reports from school about the kids being easily distracted or having a hard time paying attention, and it's no wonder because their life is crazy busy right now and I swear they haven't been to bed before 10 pm nearly every night since this whole moving ordeal started.  But, they are troopers, and have kept up on all their schoolwork and extra activities, and, I think they might just survive all this without too much of a dent.

Packing up = Empty Cupboards = Too Much Fun
Painting...
more painting...
conquering the bathtub that hadn't been cleaned in over a century...
hangin' out, climbing ladders...
painting some more...
and more, and more, and......
Well, my sister and I think that, so far, we have painted at least two miles worth of trim and cleaned out at least 10 houses worth of dust and grime.  I have to thank everyone who has helped us out so far with everything from drywall to light fixtures to plumbing and painting.  It's been a sanity saver to have so much help.

... and, we are only half-way done.
I'll e-mail our new address out soon.
I just have to say, that, all this work included, I love owning our own home!
Wahoo for blessings!
Now, I have to get back to packing, we are moving out on Monday!

6 comments:

Hanne said...

wow! and Congratulations!!!

Bielefeldt Bunch said...

Congrats on the new house!!!

Kris.

Jodi said...

Congrats on the new house! I love the blue that is in the one picture! You will have to post pics of the new place!

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

It's going to look beautiful and b worth all the hard work! Congrats guys. That's awesome!

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

The previous comment was from Shannon and this comment is from Ryan. We are a symbiotic two in one kind of being I guess. Anyway, we sure missed you on Saturday, but based on these pictures, I guess you were a little busy. It is looking great and we were curious where your new home is located. We know you changed wards, but where are at now? We want to come see it when it is all finished. Also, I wanted to say thanks Amy for your comments a few posts back on my mom. I really appreciated it. Good luck on your continued move.
Ryan

Grandma LeSueur said...

Congratulations on your new house!! So happy for you. Love, Aunt Pat :-)