Thursday, August 12, 2010

Another School Year Begins!


The kids insisted we celebrate with "one last night of freedom" (their words, not mine), so we spent way too much money on appetizers from BJ's, popcorn, candy and a movie, and we stayed up way too late and we had way too much fun.
Then we had a day to recover before all the learning began again...

I guess that it is now official tradition that Colin take his back-to-school picture in the tree in our front yard. He looks SO grown up this year! I think his favorite part of first grade so far is being able to hang out with his friends at school again. Oh, and being allowed to take the BIG water bottle from home to drink in class after recess.
Emma lays out her school clothes down to the very detail, accessories included. She also spent the night before with her hair in sponge rollers so her hair would be curly the first day of school. I love my little fourth grade fashionista!
Chesley turns 11 in just 7 weeks and I can hardly believe it. I remember taking this girl, with hair down to her waist and curly ribbons in her piggy tails, and a backpack twice her size, off to kindergarten. She is growing up so well and is thrilled to be in fifth grade!
I love Mike's back-to-school pics. :) Mostly I love that he lets me take them, and that he looks so dang good! Mike's year is destined to be another busy one, what with college courses, church, and extra stuff at school. Good luck to our favorite breadwinner!
Zach and I have big plans this school year. He plans on coming up with a million more ways of being even more entertaining, and I plan on "popping my BIG BELLY" (his words, not mine) sometime soon and bringing him home a little sister. Of course, the best part of our day is eating breakfast cereal in front of Sesame Street every morning.

After their first day back at school the kids came home and we immediately went outside to get soaked in Zach's new Buzz Lightyear pool...
...and then, the kids completely zoned out in front of Channel 8 and detoxed from a day full of nerves. :)

Hope you all had an amazing first week of school!





1 comment:

Sparks Haven said...

Fun times! Brings back fun memories of your back to school befores & afters! So glad you included a photo of you & Zach in this, too---you look good. Love, Mom :-)