This is Colin's first year at Field, and his first time riding a school bus, which he is all too thrilled about. He asks me (a little proudly) every day if I am going to cry again because he is going to school. Mike is teaching 7th and 8th grade this year, Chesley is in 3rd and Emma in 2nd. The girls have fallen back into place so easily, which is beyond great.





I thought that Zach would miss all the noise that all the kids make, but he seems to be relishing in the undivided time. He and I spent yesterday dancing circles in the living room and playing his version of "catch" in the kitchen. I am blessed to have the time to focus on him this year and couldn't be happier.
This last pic is what the kids looked like after their long first day of school. Nothing is better than a Flinstones marathon after a day of excited nerves. I hope all of your "first-days-back" went just as well!
3 comments:
Glad to see everyone's day went well. And what a nice break for you! Everyone looked snazzy in their back-to-school duds.
Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing! Heather went back to preschool last week and has come back using some cute phrases.
This is my first fall semester in 28 years (minus a 2-year break) that I haven't gone back to school. Feels kind of good.
That doesn't mean I've stopped learning, though. In the last week or so, I've learned a lot about stock and bond investing, about a European telecommunications protocol, and about Georgian history and geography.
I love that Mike actually posed for a first day of school picture too!
Post a Comment