Well, it hasn't been a bad day at all, in fact tonight I am just glad for every darn thing, including those dishes I am trying to avoid.
So, while the chaos of painting still looms in our house, our life continues to go on, and quite well I must say...
Here's a few snapshots.
First, we got ourselves a dog.
His name is Tripper, and he is a beautiful cocker spaniel who obviously was in desperate need of a bath. (Don't you wish you were in that pool with those kids? Nothing has ever looked more inviting to me.)
Second, we finally tried out our spa, hot tub, whatever it is you call it, and I have to admit, the kids may have won me over; we might just have to keep that big ol' honkin' contraption a little while longer.
(And, I just got a glimpse of Mike's expression in this photo, so I now have to take a moment to publicly apologize for posting such a ridiculous face, but, seriously, we all love him so it doesn't really matter, and this happens to be the only photo with all of us in it, so it's a keeper.)
Third, Colin finished his first season of t-ball and got his "veerrryy firrrrssst troophy" (as he puts it, with great affection and wonder). Couldn't be prouder of the kid!!!
So glad they start out in t-ball, it helps sports-illiterate people like myself ease into the whole "sports-watching" thing. One of these days I am going to have to brave it and actually take my kids to a Diamondback's game.
Colin, you did awesome! I'll cheer for you any day!
Fourth, MIKE PAINTED THE CEILINGS!!! (And the doors... very crucial elements in a home.) Wahoo! I married myself one handsome man!
And last, the girls had their performance day for their hip-hop class at the Mesa Arts Center. Of course, they did great!
Somewhere all my kids inherited some serious moves. I attribute it all to Mike, although, there is a slightly deprived 8-year-old still lingering inside of me who is dying to "Jennifer Lopez" it for just one fleeting, non-recordable moment.
In admitting that I no longer feel that Mike will need to seek retribution for me posting those pic's of him.
Hope ya'll have a good one!
2 comments:
My thoughts are with you during your painting summer. After I finished painting the outside of our house almost completely by roller, I almost vowed never to paint again. Good luck and support each other with lots of upper arm and shoulder massages from painting above your head.
Ryan
We miss you guys. Looks like you're having a lot of fun. Work is looking like I'll be here at least another year or two, so you should totally come visit us...
Kris
Post a Comment