Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hi Ho the Der-EE-oh... A Camping We Will Go






This last weekend we left the house, packed up the car and headed for the mountains.  We ended up camping on the rim, just next to Kehl Springs.  It was beautiful, albeit just a tad windy and pretty darn near freezing at night.  Now, while I am definitely one of those girls that will not "rough it" without her mascara or lipstick, I have absolutely no qualms about consistent dirt under my fingernails, eating a charred marshmallow on an ashen covered stick, or considering the mile circumference of trees around me the finest restroom in the state.  My kids were quite thrilled with the latter, and found the subject of using the trees out of necessity completely fascinating.  I finally put a ban on discussing it on our last day there, just to save our family one small drop of dignity.  All in all, it was a great break for us, and some needed time just being a family hangin' out, exploring, sleeping in listening to the birds chirp like crazy outside our tent, and praying that no bears will eat our dog.  





6 comments:

Anderson Family said...

I forgot to ask you how Tripper did on the trip (haha I really didn't plan that sentence). How did he do on his first camping trip? No bears ate him I presume?

Amy Rapier said...

He did awesome! Can't wait to take him again. His name suits him :).

Bielefeldt Bunch said...

bears don't eat dogs...

Taylor Anne Vail said...

looks like you guys had a great time. I love that even your camping gear is fab-You-lush!

Kristina said...

You are so fun! I would gladly trade the mascara for a real bathroom and clean fingernails. My poor boys! We miss you - Max still talks about how Sister Wapeewa isn't in his nursery anymore:) When Gove asked Max who Sister Rapier is, he replied, "She lives in my nursery." Gove's response, "No, she lives in my primary!"

Sparks Haven said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! Taking your dog is fun! We did it on our recent trip to Utah, and she travelled well! Love, Mom & Bill