Monday, December 28, 2009

Best Friends





It's our family policy that no one is ever left out, that everyone works together, and that we are always each other's best friends, no matter what.
I love this!
I love seeing my kids watch out for each other, even at school or church. I love seeing the older ones include the younger ones. I love it when I hear them ask each other for help. Emma once said in her prayer, when she was smaller, that she was grateful for Chesley, " Cuz she gets high things off of the shelf."
They rarely ask for friends over because they are having too much fun with each other. Their favorite things to do are what they call "Just Us" things. Like movie nights, sports nights, game nights, family bike rides, hikes and family sleepovers.
A few weeks ago Colin ended up left at school when his teacher thought he was being picked up instead of taking the bus home. When the girls arrived home without their brother they asked if he came home early because he was sick. I told them no, that I would've let them know or called their teachers, then I panicked and immediately called the school. When I got back to where the girls were I found them bawling because they said, "We didn't have his back." Colin ended up getting home alright, thanks to my aunt (I didn't have a car at home that day), but it really pulled at my heart to see how much his sisters felt for him being left at school.
I know I am severely biased, and I do have to admit that they definitely have their moments with each other (they wouldn't be best friends if they didn't have a fight now and then), but I have to say, I have... The. Best. Kids. Ever!!!





2 comments:

Cossebooms said...

How fun!! That's so great when the kids get along and play so well together. And please don't hesitate to call me if you ever need me to pick your kids up, or take you somewhere. I'm just across the street!

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

That is the best story about Colin at school. I am so impressed. Could you hire out your kids to come and do a symposium for my kids? Actually, my two boys do pretty good, but my daughter is...in need of a symposium. Great story. It gives us a goal for 2010.
Ryan