Sunday, February 14, 2010

Speedy Re-cap! (Part One)

It is an absolutely horrible thing to have to narrow down one's photo choice in order to accomplish a quick "catch-up" on one's blog. It is even more difficult when the elapsed time covers most of the major holidays for the entire year, but, alas, that is where I find myself. So, I hope that you enjoy these highlights (and thanks to those who finally helped me figure out how to shrink my photos!)

THANKSGIVING!!!
We had our first Thanksgiving in our very own home and it was great. My Dad, my Oma, and my sister Heidi and her family came over the day before Thanksgiving for an early feast. This year, for something new, I added a salad course at the beginning and also made four different jell-o molds. I have to be honest, I could have definitely done without the salad, but I thought the jell-o turned out perfectly jiggly. The best part of the whole thing though was the centerpiece made by the kids.


FALL!!!
Every year this huge tree outside my Oma's house sheds it's leaves just for my kids. Nothing beats crunching leaves in the (late, late, ok technically winter, but we'll call it) fall!


CONCERTS!!!
Chesley outdid the rest of the us in December! She sang in her first chorus concert and played her violin in her first orchestra concert. We are so proud of her and all of her talents!

REAL EARRINGS!!!
The girls finally got to shed their earring studs just in time for the holidays. This is them showing off their first set that dangles! Too glamorous, too grown up. : )


MIKE'S B-DAY!!!
Mike turned 36 in December and is shown here sporting his new scarf which he, in detail, described to Chesley before I headed off birthday shopping.


COLIN'S B-DAY!!!
Colin celebrated turning 6 with a full-costume Star Wars party and all of his favorite friends. We love that goofy-animated-smart-as-a-whip-pure-delight-of-a-kid!


NATIVITY!!!
The extended Rapier family has performed a Nativity at Granny's place for the past two years. Granny lives in an Alzheimer's home. This year all those sweet ladies there just couldn't get enough hugs and kisses from our little sheep, Zach, and much to my delight, he let them smother him to pieces.


BOAT LIGHT PARADE!!!
A new thing we thought we'd try for the holiday's. It was well worth it, and I can't wait to go back next year.


OUR FIRST LIGHTS!!!
Mike was eager to string lights ever since we bought the house. I love how it turned out!!! It was great to decorate this place for Christmas for the first time ever!


CHRISTMAS!!!
This was a pic of the kids peeking out of their wrapping paper on Christmas Eve. We wrap their doorway after they go to bed, then they get to run through the wrapping in the morning. It's one of their favorite things. Christmas was absolutely perfect. Christmas Eve is always spent at Grandma and Grandpa Rapier's and is always a treat (that sounded sarcastic, but it wasn't in the least, it's great.) And Christmas day is ours. My favorite part, as always, is the slow Christmas morning that always lasts shorter than I feel it really should. We also had Oma over for Christmas dinner this year, which was the perfect way to end it.


GOODBYE'S!!!
Much to the sadness of all Arizona, I had to say goodbye to a very dear friend of mine, who, although slightly vertically challenged, has truly become one of the family. My kids are going through Stephen's withdrawals too. I hope Utah appreciates their wit as much as we did.


COUSINS!!!
Lucky for us, we got to spend some time with my brother Kris' boys when they flew from Florida to visit their mom and grandparents. We let them conquer one of the nearby hills in a perfect kid-sized hike.

(Two months of the re-cap down and one and a half to go...'til then!)

4 comments:

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

Wonderful! Loved reading about it. Can't wait for the next installment. Does one of your girls have braces already??? (from Shannon)

Anderson Family said...

I love your mad-dash recap. If you notice, I decided to completely skip over Christmas. I applaud you.

kami said...

Great re-cap! We did the same thing. It seems like there was so much to write about that it seems too overwhelming to even begin.
Cute girls with cute earrings!
I also loved the Thanksgiving centerpiece. Very creative kids!

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

Please come by any time. We would love to have you come if you come for the temple open house or dedication. Whenever is good for us!