Thursday, February 25, 2010

Speedy Re-cap! (Part Two)

I love having my sister nearby, and I love that she is a stay-at-home mom too. Because... all of that means that I have a boredom breaker any time I need one. This picture of Zach was taken at one of our days at the park with Heidi and her kids. I love this pic! It just seems to capture every darn thing that is so Zach!



Our family does a "smiley chart" for the kids. It's not really anything exciting, just a piece of paper with a bunch of squares on it. They get to fill up the squares with smiley faces anytime we catch them doing something genuinely nice or helpful to someone else, and, they are not allowed to ask to receive a "smiley" for themselves. I like it for obvious reasons, and the kids love it because we switch up the rewards for when their charts get filled up. This time, the prize was a peppermint hot chocolate from Starbuck's, which they all got to cash in over the Christmas break.




Every year, over the holidays, I make two things religiously... gingerbread cookies and candy cane divinity. Yum.




The kids didn't waste one minute of their Christmas vacation!

Reading, reading, reading...
Painting, painting, painting...
Creating their own rock band...
Hanging out...
Hiking, hiking, hiking...


We rang in the New Year pretty successfully, just us Rapier's here at home, which is how we like it!



Colin lost his first tooth ever! And, got two dollars from the tooth fairy. He is currently gearing up to pull his second tooth.



And, last of all, after the holidays, Colin started soccer. It has been quite a culture shock for our family who loves to sleep in on Saturday's, but well worth it to see Colin out on the field!




And, that is it. The biggest part of our year in a nutshell.

Now we can move on to 2010, and announce to all of you out there who do not already know, that we are expecting our 5th beautiful baby, due to arrive in early September. I am currently 11 and a half weeks along, and everything looks great. Already, this baby is determined to be unique, as this pregnancy has been different from all the rest. All of us girls are hoping for another girl, and all of the boys are hoping for another boy, mainly because this final baby of ours will be the tie breaker in the family.

Good day to ya'll!

6 comments:

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

So we had a friend who had 3 girls & 3 boys and #7 was on the way. They decided to name the baby Ty, whether it be a boy or girl since "it" would break the tie. So Tylynn entered the world 11 yrs ago. She and Abby are good friends. Just a thought...
Shannon

Anderson Family said...

What a coincidence... I love having my sister living close by and as a stay-at-home Mom too... she is my sanity maintainer. Maybe we should introduce them?

Sparks Haven said...

Wonderful photos---and wonderful that a new baby will join your family! Lots of fun times!

Lauren P. said...

Congrats! Sure miss you guys.

kami said...

Winter in Arizona looks divine!

Hope you feel better soon. I'm at 15 weeks now and am starting to have more good days than bad. Why is it that these last babies have to make us so sick??? Hope you find some relief soon.

Ryan and LeDawn said...

maybe... you will have twins... a boy and a girl and then it will be even! ;) You guys are so stinkin cute!