Friday, June 20, 2008

Amy, Mike, and Zach in D.C





Amy finally got to go to Washington D.C.  My school takes 8th graders to Washington the summer after their 8th grade year and as one of the sponsers of the trip, I get to go.  It came up that I was able to take Amy and her life long dream to see our nation's capital came true.  Zach got to come along (since he was free on everything).  We saw Colonial Jamestown and Williamsburg as well as all over Washington its self.  We took several Zach style tours (we figure he wouldn't have done well with at 25 min lecture in the Supreme Court chambers) and made the most of it while he was asleep in the backpack carrier. (he spent so much time in there, he came to loath it as much as his car seat).  It was good for him though, he got one on one, undivided attention which he ate up and now his Dad is his second best friend, of course Mom will always be number one.  Chesley, Emma, and Colin got to spend the week with Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, and Cousins.  I don't know how to put together slide shows for the blog page yet so here are just a few.  Maybe my Niece LeDawn will email me how and I'll put more up.    I know Amy likes Pina Coladas (virgin of course) and in one of the pictures you can see we like getting caught in the rain too.  George W. wouldn't even let us in to the barbecue he was having on the south lawn.  I'm not voting for him again:)

2 comments:

chad and lemae said...

if you go to ledawn's blog or mine and look at a slideshow there is a button on the bottom that says add your own, or something like that it will then take you to the website which you can develop slideshows. i tried to add one with a more compicated sliding of the pics and it made the page run slow but i used a simplier one and it ran better. hope that helps

Ryan and LeDawn said...

I am so jealous! I know I have been there, but ask what I remember! The fact that I was pretified to climb up that giant tower and that it was FREEZING cold! Nothing exciting! But I also couldn't even begin to understand and appreciate that place until I was older! One day I will go back to all the "boring" museums my parents drug me to as a child!

So the easiest way to get a slideshow is to click on one of mine and it will send you to a website. Upload the photos and toy round with all the settings. Then click save and it gives you a code. Copy the code and paste it into a "new post" but under "HTML" then hit publish post and it should appear on your blog. Let me know if you ahve any questions! I can't wait to see the pics!!

I miss you guys!!! And Zack was a baby last time I saw him! He's big now! :(