Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Take a moment.


I have been thinking today about a couple of things.
First, how amazingly grateful I am to be in the company of such tremendous people...Ches, Emma, Colin, Zach and Mike.  I once told Ches that if I could have had only a glimpse, one small peek at just a moment of my life now, sitting at home, doing nothing but being together, if I could of had such a glimpse when I was younger and life was harder, I would have endured it so much the better because I would have seen how close heaven really was for me.
I am in heaven every day when I remember to take that moment
 to see what riches surround me.
And, second... a while ago a friend of mine, of whom I was getting reconnected with over e-mail, said that I looked happy in my pictures, and asked me if I really was.  It is weird to think that I have actually been pondering her question, the answer seemed basic enough, but I didn't want to give a basic answer.  If I was to say "yes", it would have to be that I was happy with everything, every current challenge, every current circumstance, every moment of every day.
So, I have thought about it,
and I have to say,
that I am so happy.
I am happy for every 1:00 am when Zach cries in his sleep just because he wants to be held, by me.  I am happy for every time that Colin tells me that he wants to live in Safeway so he can have candy any time he wants.  I am happy for every wave that Emma sends my way in the middle of her swim lessons and counts all the times when my head was turned and I missed her "hello".  I am happy for every time Ches asks me, "hey, mom, can we talk" and for every time that I listen to what she has to say.  I am happy for every time Mike lets me wrap my cold toes in his warm feet, for every time he forgets to close a cupboard and he lets me relentlessly tease him, and for every time when I need a shoulder and his is so nearby.  I am happy for those moments I have which humble me and let me see God's hand in my life.  And I am happy for every occasion I have to say, "Wahoo!"
May God bless each of you... and thank you, thanks for every reason that you, in your own way, have sent happiness to me, I hope I can return it and some.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being such an example to me to notice the little things and enjoy my family more! You're an awesome sis in law.