Friday, January 9, 2009

You Think the Holidays Are Over, And THEN, You Download Your Camera

My cousin Lauree refers to her blog as her "family journal" and I love the idea of some of my posts being just that.
I have spent this last week missing my kids and Mike while school has been back in session.  My house has been a little too quiet during the day, but it's alright, they tend to make up for it (and some) when they get home in the afternoon.
Enjoy these last moments of our family in 2008!

My favorite coat, hat and gloves.  I wear them on maybe four occasions during the winter months, two of them being, seeing the temple lights and our annual trip to the snow.  Mike's coat is down-filled... which means, he gets to wear his even less.  This is a mixed blessing we know.
Right after midnight.  I am not quite sure if we ever got that bottle of Martinelli's to spray just right.
During the break Mike was gone filming basketball games for a couple of nights, so we invited our Rapier cousins over for a sleepover the first night, much to my kids delight.  They totally rock.  The following night I had my brother and sister, and her husband, over for games.  I thought I was a pretty intelligent person until Kris pummeled all of us in Boggle.  (Although he and Heidi did play an entire round just making up fake words.)  Only they can turn an innocent game of Harry Potter Clue into something that needs to be censored.  Good times.

  "So happy togetherrrrrrrr..."

Aaahh, the joys of being naked in a sink. 

Officially a big boy now, he's got his bucketful of Leggos.

This is how Mike found the girls one night when they asked if they could share a bunk.  Emma woke up saying that Chesley was squishing the breath out of her.  Chesley denied that she would ever do such a thing, but, sorry Charlie, we got the proof.

I am hoping that my next post will be some amazingly thought-provoking, tears-inducing experience for you all, but don't count your chickens... I think our life is too darn full of simple pleasures.  Hope yours is too.

4 comments:

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

It is posts like these that make me wish we lived closer and be more a part of your very entertaining world. Loved the pictures and am very curious about a censured Harry Potter game.

Grandma LeSueur said...

Cute pictures!! (cute family, duh?!) I love the red hat on Zach at the temple lights! Love you guys, Aunt Pat

Anderson Family said...

I laughed and laughed at your description of our game night. You just have a way with words that described it perfectly in a few short sentences. Funny funny times. Personally, I prefer the "simple pleasures" and the small things we have to be thankful for everyday and LOVE seeing the ones that belong to people I love on their blogs too.

Bielefeldt Bunch said...

Sigh, I miss you guys so much! I'm so glad we are able to have blogs at least to keep up with eachother. Give all the kids a hug for me.

P.S. We have a new blog. Can you give me your email address so I can invite you? Mine is julie.bielefeldt@yahoo.com