Wednesday, April 7, 2010

ZOO!

Colin has been home-schooled for the last semester of his kindergarten year. He'll head back to school with the girls when he hits first grade. It has been really good for him, and his brain is finally getting a good workout. He attends an enrichment school on Mondays, then we squeeze the rest of his curriculum at home into Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. That way we have Fridays off for our "field trip" days. Our last field trip was with my sister Heidi and her two youngest kids. We headed off to the Phoenix Zoo, ended up spending a full morning there and saw a total of only seven animal exhibits. The boys had a blast!

Reason #1 that so few exhibits were visited... this playground had too much appeal!

Zach checking out his map for the umpteenth time.

I had to throw in a pic of my favorite animals.

I love Colin here, helping Zach out. They were trying to get a better view of the Komodo Dragon.

Colin took this picture of Heidi and I. He actually took a video on accident, so this is technically a frozen shot from his video footage, but I had to add it to this post because it is my first pregnant shot. Ain't I cute?

3 comments:

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

Yes, very cute.

kami said...

We love the playground at the Phoenix zoo! We also spend lots of time at the orangutan exhibit.
Yes...you do look cute with your little baby bump!

Sparks Haven said...

Yes, very cute indeed! What a very fun day you all had!