Friday, December 19, 2008

Five Reasons to "Ho Ho Ho!"

#1  Our "countdown to Christmas" candle.  We picked this one up at the international shops in Balboa Park in San Diego this summer.  You have no idea how exciting lighting a candle every night to watch the numbers melt away can be.....  and I am really not being sarcastic, I love it!
#2 Making Christmas goodies that you have never made before in your whole entire life.  Like four batches of taffy, four batches of interesting "I have no idea what I am doing" taffy.  I thought the phrase "third time's a charm" would actually work in our favor, but alas, we just proved it wrong.  Mike says it will make a for a good memory to recall during future holiday baking experiences.  That's comforting.
#3 Family movie night watching classic holiday films in our pj's with a bowl full of popcorn and mugs of hot chocolate.  So beyond perfect.
#4 Random, amazingly delicious goodies left at our doorstep!  (Especially those that come with one of Zach's lost pacifiers... danke!)
#5  Having breakfast with Scary-Man... aka "he-didn't-even-ask-me-what-I-wanted-for-Christmas" Santa at the kids school.  At least they got a candy cane and a donut.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: