Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break Economy Size! Day #4

Mike and I were tasking most of the morning.  Mike took down all the curtains and rods in our little rental house, and every picture off the walls.  It sure looks bare in here.  I cleaned and baked, and the kids found their own fun.  Colin was thrilled that Mike gave him some of his Star Wars toys, Emma was thrilled that the Highlights magazine came with different ideas for art projects, and Chesley was thrilled that she found her Littlest Pet Shop mouse figurine.  

Don't they look thrilled?
(I think I have sufficiently out-used that word now, time to get the thesaurus.)
Finally, after a long day, their swim lessons came around and Mike got a few pics.
This first one is Chesley doing a backstroke.
They happened to put Emma in the same class as Colin even though she is two years older.  She was having too much fun not doing anything scary or extra challenging and wouldn't let us ask them to switch her.  Colin didn't mind a bit.

Of all the things that they wanted to do when they got home, this was it, MORE SWIMMING!  Our community pool is not heated so I was surprised how long they lasted.  We were out there for about an hour.  I didn't dare go past my knees, and Mike spent most of the time darting after Zach before he hit the water, but the pictures sure look inviting on a day like today, don't they?

"I am one handsome devil!"

Look at them MANLY arms!

To end the day the kids got to watch Kim Possible episodes that we rented from Netflix and eat dinner in front of the T.V.  As I am typing this, Mike and Zach have conked out on the chair behind me and Colin, Em and Ches are up on the top bunk in the girls room coloring.

We have spent a total of $17.00 thus far on this Spring Break.
I think the biggest expense we predict in the next couple of days is a gallon of milk and a tank of gas... oh, and maybe a few plumbing bills for the new house.
All in all,
To have very little sometimes means to be blessed beyond measure.


3 comments:

The Garbison family said...

Have I told you lately that you inspire me?

Unknown said...

Yes, they DO look thrilled!!! Our favorite photo is the one with Colin's shadow with strong, strong arms! We can both remember times when each of our little boys did something similar. How cool that you were able to capture on film such a universal moment!!! Love, Mom and Bill :-)

Kristina said...

You guys have the most fun! When are you moving? Don't you hate it when people ask you questions on the comments portion of you blog? Hehehehe...