I thought I'd clean up the girls room for them while they were getting ready for bed, and this is what I found. Slightly cute, kinda morbid...
Saturday and Sunday we celebrated my Oma's 90th birthday. On Saturday we went over to my aunt and uncles house for a huge family party. It was great! I caught up with cousins I hadn't seen in a while and I love doing that. Above is the never-need-to-water plant that Emma and I created for Oma. Below: my dad, myself and my 90 year old hero. I'll always be glad that we got to celebrate this with her. The best part of it was Oma finished her life story and my Aunt Sylvia typed it up, added photos, and printed it into a book for all of us. Life stories make the best reads... especially when they are from those that you love.
Our excursion on our last day of Spring Break was the MACFest in Downtown Mesa. They have artists come and sell their original creations for a couple of hours each Saturday morning. I am determined that the next time I go there I will have $300.00 cash in hand because then I could've walked home with an amazing painting, a gorgeous necklace, a "howdy" sign made entirely of horseshoes, a cigar box purse, and a ton of other trinkets.
The girls did get to buy a couple of beautiful jeweled butterflies. The only thing that Colin found that he liked was a $55.00 leather wallet, so we took him to the dollar store later to spend a few bucks.
The rest of our day was spent at Lowe's pricing too much stuff, and tackling lists that are a little too long.
Wish us luck as life starts again tomorrow.
G'luck to all of you!
3 comments:
I love the see no evil, speak no evil and hear no evil monkeys!!!
Oh yeah, and your created plant was absolutely amazing.
The family plant is the most adorable, unique gift possible! Of course your cookies were a hit with all. Such fun!
Post a Comment