Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break Economy Size! Day #5

I cannot believe that today was actually Friday.  This break has been long and short all at the same time.  We had some good friends who had invited us to go camping today, and part of me is wishing I were sleeping in my tent tonight, dreaming of bacon and eggs in the morning.  Although we couldn't make it, the kids and I ended up having a pretty darn good day.  Mike, on the other hand, spent the day working for Southwest Sports Network (great company, by the way, you should check 'em out on the world wide web!) which wasn't too bad at all and gave us the money we needed to go and buy a new kitchen faucet in the morning.

My sister and her family invited the kids and I to go to the Phoenix Zoo with them, and, I think, they used up all their free passes.  It was as crowded as Disneyland, but sometimes that isn't too bad at all.  All those people just remind you even more that it's vacation.  

This was Zach's first time ever at the zoo.
You could tell he loved it too, he didn't want to stay in his stroller a lick!

My sister and her husband are the greatest.  Afterwards they took us over to Aloha Kitchen and treated us all to lunch.  (Good stuff, look that one up on the web too!)

Later I taught my kids the art of kitchen towel fighting and actually made my first ever successful "snap", which totally shocked and elated me, but wasn't too great for my opponent.
Sorry.
(name withheld to protect the injured)

When we got back from the zoo the kids had their last day of free swim lessons, then I had a bunch of cookies to make for my Oma's 90th birthday party tomorrow (You ROCK Oma!!!), and a few other things with a deadline, but we ended the day with a bang.

MOVIE NIGHT!!!
We all had frozen pizza, brownies and popcorn while we watched Bolt and I worked on Oma's gift.
(In this particular pic the kids are being spy-like... I think they pull off the masterfully deceiving looks quite well.)
The kids have one more day-of-fun planned and then it's back to normal.
(Of course, that's relatively speaking...)




1 comment:

The Garbison family said...

SUCH cute photos, especially the one of you and Heidi!!

Thx for the free "plug"...LOL

You so rock!!