If you have ever watched Gilmore Girls, you know Lorelai's fascination with the first snow of the year. I, having lived in the lone and dreary wilderness (a.k.a. vast desert metropolis) for most of my existence, have not experienced many first snows, but, the whole year through, I crave the fall, when the leaves crunch under your feet (although few in number, the thrill is the same), the air turns cooler, the mornings are brisk, the stores are filled with holiday knick-knacks, the school projects get fun, and you just want to breathe it all in. It's like the world is celebrating that summer is finally over. I have long believed that "everything good happens in the fall"... not to discount the insurmountable blessings that have come to me during any other time of the year, but just because fall has never disappointed me, and it has been full of so many "firsts" (which I love to experience). So, this is my ode to fall... relish in it, savor it, there's magic in the air...
Friday, October 3, 2008
Fall is in the Air!
If you have ever watched Gilmore Girls, you know Lorelai's fascination with the first snow of the year. I, having lived in the lone and dreary wilderness (a.k.a. vast desert metropolis) for most of my existence, have not experienced many first snows, but, the whole year through, I crave the fall, when the leaves crunch under your feet (although few in number, the thrill is the same), the air turns cooler, the mornings are brisk, the stores are filled with holiday knick-knacks, the school projects get fun, and you just want to breathe it all in. It's like the world is celebrating that summer is finally over. I have long believed that "everything good happens in the fall"... not to discount the insurmountable blessings that have come to me during any other time of the year, but just because fall has never disappointed me, and it has been full of so many "firsts" (which I love to experience). So, this is my ode to fall... relish in it, savor it, there's magic in the air...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fall is AMAZING! I am so happy it's FINALLY here! Winter really stinks, but knowing that fall will come back keeps me going! And crunching leaves is my FAVORITE sound in the entire world! Enjoy!
Post a Comment