
Last night I went to a book club that I am a part of, and as always, we got off of the subject of the book and onto other things. One of the girls in the group needed to give a talk on prayer this upcoming Sunday and asked us for ideas or stories that she could use. As I watched and listened to the rest who were there, I was touched. For some reason I have been blessed with numerous, vivid occasions in prayer that have picked me up and kept me going, reminded me of my worth, and carved in my testimony, but I had not thought on them for a long while. And, I am all to certain, that it was not those epic experiences in prayer that have had the biggest impact on me, but it is those daily moments when I have relied on the simpleness of prayer that has truly sustained me. Another of the girls there commented on a piece of advice that her stake president had given her, to start praying, and to rely on prayer, so that she could build that relationship with her Father in Heaven, so that He could make her burdens easier for her. I loved that advice and came home thinking about it. There was a time when I prayed so much to my Father in Heaven, that I would refer to my conversations with Him as, "While I was talking to God today..."
I have been so very blessed... and it is all because of Him. Last night I recognized the awful truth of how many struggles there can be within one little room and a handful of people, of how much life on earth can really hurt sometimes. Sitting there, I was so humbled... and simply edified.
There is so much more to prayer. So much more to the everyday moments that we remember to send gratitude heavenwards. So much more to the idea of letting God take care of us, and letting us see others through God's eyes. So much more to something that seems so simple but etches within us something so powerful.
And so, while I was talking to God today I had much to say...
7 comments:
I love you Amy.
That was a remarkable conversation with some remarkable people. I felt so grateful to be a part of it.
You captured my recent thoughts when you said "Last night I recognized the awful truth of how many struggles there can be within one little room and a handful of people, of how much life on earth can really hurt sometimes."
Thanks Amy. You are full of wisdom that has come from your life's experiences.
I love the part where you say "While I was talking to God today"! Even though I live far away from all of my family, I am so thankful that Blogs were invented! Thanks for all your great and inspiring posts!
Amy, thanks for this post. I miss bookclub so much (Nolan's schedule...grrr). It is nice to hear what is going on. It is so great to be a part of a group where everyone can feel comfortable sharing and uplifting each other. We are all lucky to be blessed by your insight. Also - on a completely different note - your kids are adorable!
Kristina
I also felt blessed to have been there on Thursday. I like to think that the conversation that happened was an answer to the prayers of someone in attendance.
Amy, I know you are here on earth not just to bless Mike and the kids but MANY of us out there who need to be uplifted from time to time by your sweetness and humility! Love you! Love, Marilee
P.S. The pic is adorable too :-)...great FHE ideas as well
Your kids are so creative! I love the zoo Collin put on! Whenever I need a smile I look at your blog because your kids are awesome!
Post a Comment