Colin spent all of yesterday morning outside in the backyard setting up cages for 20 stuffed animals who were all participants in his very own zoo. My dad lent him a zookeeper hat that won his approval (he didn't believe me at all when I told him that zookeeper's could wear other kinds of hats too, like cowboy hats or baseball hats), and when the girls and Mike got home from school they all got a tour. He even included a "petting zoo" with brushes to use for the animals. They had to pay admission though. Colin earned a total of 61 cents. He considered it a highly successful endeavor. I loved his creativity.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
It's a Zoo Over Here!
Colin spent all of yesterday morning outside in the backyard setting up cages for 20 stuffed animals who were all participants in his very own zoo. My dad lent him a zookeeper hat that won his approval (he didn't believe me at all when I told him that zookeeper's could wear other kinds of hats too, like cowboy hats or baseball hats), and when the girls and Mike got home from school they all got a tour. He even included a "petting zoo" with brushes to use for the animals. They had to pay admission though. Colin earned a total of 61 cents. He considered it a highly successful endeavor. I loved his creativity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is awesome Colin! I love the petting zoo... I wish I had been invited :(.
-Heidi
Love the zoo, Colin! Beware of tigers, even if they're stuffed... you just never know...
Hmmm, I wonder where he gets that creativity?!? Sounds so much like something his MOM would do!
~Trina
In all fairness to Colin, a man's hat is almost as important as breathing. It defines you, it sends an unspoken message to other men everywhere as to just who you really are. There is a comfort in the right hat that can be found nowhere else. Good on you Colin for hanging tough on getting the right zookeeper hat.
How cute! your kids are so full of imagination!
Post a Comment