True Harry Potter Fashion

Emma as Ginny Weasley (we dyed her hair with orange kool-aid, we've done it before when she was the Little Mermaid, but this time I used a Kool-aid Singles packet, completely forgetting that they come with the sugar already in them, her poor hair was pretty stiff)

Colin as Harry Potter (he loved it so much he has decided to be Harry for Halloween)

Chesley as Hermione Granger (this outfit is from the movie Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, complete with a time-turner around her neck)

Zach, our little Mandrake (when I told Colin that Zach was going to be a mandrake, he protested, which I couldn't figure out why, it was the girl's idea, which I thought was totally cute, until he explained that he didn't think it was right to bury Zach in a pot of dirt... he was fine with it after I told him we'd leave that part out... Zach played the part well during the party, though, and even screamed when the cake was being served, killing all the party guests)

Me, as Professor McGonagul (my throat was sore after an entire night of impersonating her voice, I'm not quite sure I ever got the right twist on the accent, but I don't think any of the kids cared)
5 comments:
You are so creative! what a fun party for Ches! Happy 9th Chesley.
You guys will have to make a field trip to our house to check out our loft- it is almost done! The flooring is in and we are about ready to move in to it!
You are awesome Amy, I am glad you posted more pics. You are one creative and talented girl.
You are an incredible mom! I wish you lived in Utah so you could do my kids' birthday parties. Congratulations on an amazing birthday party.
I've got a question for you. How do you dye hair with Kool-Aid? My 5 year old wants green hair to go with her witch costume but I wasn't sure how to pull that off.
Tell Mike hello from Elder Carlson!
Hee hee!! I loved the costumes - you all rocked them!!!
Thanks for the Kool-Aid and watercolor tips. I'm thinking that the paint sounds easier.
We went to med school with the Garn's. They are currently in Michigan but are hoping to find a job in Phoenix next year. Byron is just finishing his Pediatric Cardiology fellowship. Here is a link to their blog: http://thegarnfamily.blogspot.com
It's such a small world sometimes!
Post a Comment